Cheltenham Festival is renowned for its four days of exciting racing, lively atmosphere and celebration of the racing heritage. The Festival 2020 is once again presented by Magners and is set to break records on attendees and prize money winnings.
Here are the top 5 Festival facts.
1) The record prize money for TheFestival is over £4,590,000. The most of any Jump festival in the world, over£1,000,000 per day. The high stakes at the festival certainly get the owners and trainers excited to watch their pride of joys race.
2) The average attendance of the festival is 65,000 people per day. This can bring some heavy traffic to the local area so make sure you leave plenty of time to get parked.
3) There are over 150 helicopter movements per day during the festival. Taking a helicopter into the festival will save you a lot of time and make your whole Raceday experience one to remember. The heliport uses a fleet of Bentleys to shuttle passenger from the landing site to the racecourse, albeit this trip is only 200 meters.
4) Food is a big part of the event so here are a few facts about the catering arrangements; 15 restaurants, 74 mobile catering units, 350 chefs, catering team of 3,800 and 5,000kg of smoked salmon is consumed during the 4 days. Now if that doesn’t whet your appetite nothing will.
5) The festival attracts people from allover the world and the transport arrangements spread far and wide. Ryanair adds30 flights between Dublin and Birmingham. In total 20,000 people attending the festival will use Ryanair.
Travelling to the festival doesn’t have to be stressful or take all day. Contact Voler Aviation for your personalised quotation, we will arrange everything for you so you can enjoy your day at the races. https://www.voleraviation.co.uk/events/the-festival-cheltenham